Hydration Hay For Promoting Water Intake
Purina Mills Hydration Hay is a blend of premium grass and alfalfa hay that has been compressed into a convenient lightweight block. Simply drop the hay into a bucket of water and it will quickly expand into about one flake of palatable, moist hay. This hay is an easy and effective way to give your horse medications, dewormers, antibiotics, bute, supplements, electrolytes and much more. Check out the great benefits of Purina Hydration Hay:
- Promotes water intake during stressful travel.
- Each block of hay weighs about 2lbs so they are easy to carry, feed and travel with on the road.
- The compression and hydration process allows each block to quickly expand in a bucket of water.
- SOLD BY THE BALE. There are (12) 2lb blocks of hay in 1 bale.
- Bale weight: 24lbs
- Bale dimensions: 21″ X 8″ X 7″
- This hay is compact and takes up less space than traditional hay bales.
- Encourages water intake while on the road and may help prevent travel related disturbances.
- Reduces the need to haul large bales of hay from home.
- No need to haul water from home as the hay masks the “foreign” taste of local water.
- One gallon of water is consumed for every block of hay eaten.
- Can be used to encourage water intake (better than bran mash).
- Can be used to hide medications.
- Can be fed dry or soaked in water.
- Place one 2lb Hydration Hay Block into a bucket. Add 5 quarts of water (1 gallon = 4 quarts).
- Allow the hay to absorb the water approximately 10 minutes before feeding.
- Designed to replace a portion or all of the forage in a horse’s diet on a 1:1 ratio.
- Each 2lbs of dray hay can be replaced with one block of 2lb Hydration Hay.