Purina Omolene 200 Performance Horse Feed
Purina Omolene 200 Performance Horse Feed is for performance, breeding and growing horses. Plus, it’s now formulated with Outlast Gastric Support Supplement.
It took over 100 years of industry-leading research and innovation to build today’s Purina Omolene horse feed lineup. We started with naturally nutritious high-quality whole grains packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients and prebiotic fibers. From there, countless nutrition studies and feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center were conducted. This led to scientific breakthroughs that keep our formulas on the cutting-edge of equine nutrition and performance.
Because only innovations proven to have the highest level of performance and safety earn their place in Purina Omolene horse feeds, you can feed with full confidence. Whether you need to fuel intense competitive performance, support your horse’s gastric health or nourish the growth of the next generation of equine athletes, Omolene feeds are built to help solve your toughest nutritional challenges.
Stop by Ark Country Store in Waxahachie, Texas for all of your horse feed, supplements, and supplies. Our knowledgeable staff can assist you with finding the right products to keep your animals happy and healthy. Proudly serving Ellis County and surrounding areas.
Fat and soluble carbohydrates to support both aerobic and anaerobic work
Formulated with Outlast Supplement to support gastric health and proper pH
With a proprietary molasses blend to appeal to even the pickiest eater
Natural Whole Grains
A natural source of antioxidants, phytochemicals and fiber for lower feeding rates and designed to address digestive upset
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for weight gain, performance, shine & bloom
Purina® Amplify® High Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flaxseed, and rice bran to support weight gain, endurance, shine, and bloom
Designed to be fed with hay and/or pasture, this formula provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals when fed as directed.*
*When fed as directed, with free-choice or added salt, based on Nutrient Requirements of Horses. Sixth Revised Edition – 2007, published by the National Research Council
Unique soy oil-molasses blend with lower sugar and higher fat than traditional cane molasses helps decrease bricking in winter and drying out in summer
Countless trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and in the field verify exceptional palatability to support consistent nutrient intake, even in the pickiest eaters
Only ingredients that meet our stringent quality criteria make it into our mills and feed bags. Any shipment that doesn’t meet or exceed our standards is turned away.
|CRUDE PROTEIN||14.0% min|
|CRUDE FAT||6.00% min|
|CRUDE FIBER||7.50% max|
|ACID DETERGENT FIBER (AFD)||10.0% max|
|NEUTRAL DETERGENT FIBER (NFD)||23.0% max|
|COPPER||55.00 PPM min|
|SELENIUM||0.60 PPM min|
|ZINC||220 PPM min|
|VITAMIN A||3000 IU/LB min|
|VITAMIN E||130 IU/LB min|
|Lifestyle||Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||9.0||12.0||14.5|
|Omolene® 200 Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
|Early Gestation (first 250 days)||3.00||3.75||4.25|
|Late Gestation (last 90 days)||4.25||5.50||6.50|
|Lactation (when fed separately)||9.00||10.00||11.00***|
|Yearling||Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||8.50||9.50||11.00|
|Pounds Per Day**|
|Omolene® 200 Horse Feed****||7.5-8.5||7.5-9.0||7.25-9.0|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, you may reduce the feeding rate of Omolene® 200 needed to maintain appropriate body condition.
**Do not feed less than 0.3 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day for mature horses (3 lbs per 1000-lb horse) or 0.75 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day for yearlings (3.75 lbs per 500-lb BW). If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, replace Omolene® 200 with Purina® ENRICH PLUS® Ration Balancing Horse Feed.
***Feeding rates of Omolene® 200 and forage may be adjusted or feed may be top-dressed with Purina® Amplify® High Fat Supplement for additional calories. Hard-working horses may also benefit from supplementation with Purina® SuperSport® Amino Acid Supplement.
****Use the lower feeding rate for moderate growth rate and the higher feeding rate to support more rapid growth rate.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times, at least twice daily. Do not feed more than 0.5 lbs/100 lbs of body weight per meal. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Consult with your veterinarian regularly and maintain a routine dental, parasite control and health care program for your horse.