Does your horse have a nervous disposition, live in a stressful environment or have issues with gastric ulcers? Purina’s team of Ph.D. equine nutritionists and equine experts have researched to find a better way to support your horses’ gastric comfort with the new Purina Outlast Supplement.
It is estimated that up to 90% of active horses experience gastric discomfort, affecting health, attitude, and performance. Purina® Outlast™ Gastric Support Supplement is the latest innovation from Purina and is part of an overall gastric health program designed to aid equine gastric comfort and support horses that may develop gastric issues. Outlast™ Supplement contains a unique blend of ingredients to support proper pH, giving you and your horse the confidence to perform.
Not sure if your horse has gastric discomfort? The first step is to recognize the contributing factors associated with gastric discomfort. Common stressors include*:
Environment and Stress Factors:
- Elevated exercise level and intensity
- Performance and racing
- Hectic training environment
- Nervous disposition
- Lack of turnout
- Lack of direct contact with other horses
- Talk radio vs. music
- Thoroughbred breed
- Previous gastric ulcer diagnosis
Horse Management and Diet Factors:
- Lack of pasture access
- Large meals with high starch content
- More than 6 hours between meals
- Inadequate forage quality and quantity
- Stall kept or on stall rest
- Water deprivation/intermittent access
- Use of paste electrolytes or electrolytes in water
- Use of NSAIDs for a prolonged time
Ready to try Purina® Outlast™ Horse Supplement? Sign up for the Feed Greatness Challenge™ today or stop by our location to try the newest Outlast Supplement products. Find out more about these products on the Purina website.
*ECEIM Consensus Statement – Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome in Adult Horses J Vet Intern Met 2015:29:1288-1299 Revised from Schummer et al., 197